London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive Mid-weight Project Manager to join our team. Working with the Client Services team, the PM will be responsible for delivering a wide range of projects, including social, video, display and web development.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on agency experience in a PM role
- Experience managing multiple projects with a strong focus on digital content production (including video), HTML5 digital display and websites
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to pick up challenging projects at any phase, at lightning speed with enthusiasm
- Great communication skills ensuring both our clients and our internal teams are all well informed about their responsibilities, deadlines, and deliverables from kick-off
- Delivers high quality projects on time and budget, ensuring both the client and agency are proud and happy with the result
- Experience managing the full project life cycle (including creative conception)
- Problem-solving skills to hit deadlines whilst working against competing priorities, scope creep and change requests along the way
- Be a team player, willing to help other members when possible
- Experience working on large scale animation projects is a bonus
- Experience working with clients in the gaming/entertainment industry would be valuable, but not a requirement, as this role will include work across several sectors
Your duties will be to:
- Gather accurate requirements for scoping at outset, plan and define projects
- Be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end process for your project deliverables
- Track and manage resource and anticipate possible issues
- Produce precise, detailed timelines in conjunction with the creative and production teams. Ensure that key project milestones are hit, and form mitigation plans where timings don’t go to plan.
- Liaise directly with clients and attend briefings, pitches, and debriefings as and when required
- Receive feedback, asking necessary questions before debriefing the team
- Have complete confidence and ability to work out project budgets and write detailed SOWs, managing issues, risk, and scope creep along the way
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted