Lead Motion Graphics Designer
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We're looking for a superstar Lead Motion Graphics Designer to help run our animation team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Animation and Motion Graphics Director to lead a team of animators and designers to deliver world-class animation across a variety of projects, that range from social posts, to large scale frame by frame cell animation, to CGI trailers.
You will be reporting to and working with the Director of the Department to deliver on our ambitious creative and business objectives. Alongside your day-to-day, you will use your wealth of industry experience to concept, pitch, direct, design and oversee internal initiatives.
This is not a role (or studio) held back by time-consuming process or fussy hand-holding. Waste is a fresh, no-nonsense agency that needs a proven animation director to get on board and get stuck in.
You MUST be:
An inspirational leader - You inspire everyone you work with, from your co-workers to clients. You’re a born leader and you believe in the importance of mentoring your team. You’re always pushing to deliver the very best work, every time, no matter how tight the deadline and come with a positive, can do, get up and go, make it awesome, attitude.
An animation powerhouse - You’re at the top of your game. You’re brave, original, and maybe a bit weird. You’re constantly asking questions and pushing the boundaries of animation. You have a deep understanding of all animation disciplines, the latest trends and you’re an absolute expert in at least one discipline.
The successful applicant will have:
- A degree in animation/ design or similar
- 5+ years’ experience in the industry A background as an Art Director or Animation Director
- Experience managing and mentoring a team
- The ability to put together pitch documents, style frames and storyboards.
- Your own visual style or styles that you can bring to the table
- A solid understanding of different animation processes
- Good knowledge of PS, AI, AE and 3D software would be a bonus
- Must be London based
Your duties will be to:
- Quality control – Oversight and QC on day-to-day motion graphics projects.
- Animation department – Alongside managing and mentoring a team of animators. You’ll be responsible for reviews as well as regular team catchups.
- Collaboration – Work with the creatives, producers and other Art Director’s to deliver on their vision and help make projects run efficiently.
- Delivery – As well as delivering animation projects big and small, you’ll be expected to deliver pitch documents, style frames and storyboards.
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted