Account Director (Maternity Cover)
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a proactive, friendly, and expert Digital Account Director to join the team. The successful candidate would work alongside the Business Director and the rest of the client services team to support day-to-day delivery and find opportunities to grow the accounts. With a focus on social, we’re looking for someone who loves autonomy, ownership and opportunity, to partner with our clients to make exceptional work.
Fixed-term contract to start ASAP until December (with a view to extend to April 2022).
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on-agency experience as an Account Director working with big brands, managing multiple client accounts and the client-agency relationship
- An impressive knowledge of, and passion for, all things digital marketing, with strong knowledge around social media in particular
- Track record of forging strong senior client relationships that led to revenue growth and client retention
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Previous experience as a Project and Account Manager in a creative agency background
- London based
Your duties will be to:
- Client briefings & workshops
- Own the day-to-day client relationships, acting as a senior point of contact, whilst overseeing and co-ordinating the internal team
- Attend project/client briefings alongside other members of the team
- Take briefs from the client and produce internal briefs, overseeing the concept development process and acting as an escalation point for both the client and the team
- Attend status meetings with the client and other agencies
- Present our work to client alongside members of the strategy & creative team
- Create a yearly client plan to map out opportunities, goals and objectives
- Develop client relationships and grow the accounts
- Manage and foster relationships with partner agencies
- Work very closely with AM/PM teams to ensure all the work we deliver is of the highest quality and on time/to budget, with oversight over the production process
- Understand the client’s challenges and opportunities, keeping in touch with competitors’ digital marketing activity
- Manage and support members of the Client Services team, setting their objectives and coaching them to develop & succeed
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted