Senior Account Manager
London, United Kingdom
What we’re looking for:
The Senior Account Manager will be the dedicated account lead for key Supercell game brands, owning client communication, satisfaction and growth.
Day to day you’ll be working closely with the project management, strategy and creative teams to ensure the client is represented, opportunities are acted upon, and work is consistently delivered on time, on brief, on brand and on budget, as well as identifying growth opportunities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 5 years proven creative agency experience, working with big brands and managing multiple clients or key stakeholders.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a senior AM role, with a strong eye for growth opportunities.
- Experience with gaming clients and/or passionate about games, mobile games is a bonus.
- Excellent industry knowledge and a thirst for keeping that knowledge ahead of the curve.
- A passion for client satisfaction, building relationships that will weather any storms, and making decisions that are client-first.
- The ability to lead proposals and presentations articulately, with incredible brand knowledge and amiability.
- An awareness and love for the financials and an understanding of how to positively present project scopes and proposals to the client.
- As well as the knowledge and experience to interrogate budgets, you’ll have a strong grasp on budget tracking, forecasting and how that fits into the overall picture.
- Enough confidence in your experience, knowledge and client relationships to overcome unforeseen challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to bring all teams together to get the job done and keep the client informed.
- Experience working with your clients to come up with new ideas and ways to develop their digital communications
- Exposure to, and understanding of, the project management process
Your duties will be to:
- Leading on client comms for the account
- Ensuring the client is up to date with the status of all projects
- Leading client status meetings / calls
- Leading client briefing meetings / calls
- Sending over related articles of interest to the client
Day-to-day account management
- Ensuring you have a deep understanding of the client’s business
- Leading client stand-up
- Leading account reconciliation meetings
- Leading internal account meetings and work check-ins
- Work with the project manager to produce SoW’s
Delivery against client goals
- Setting the account plan goals for smaller accounts
- Leading on the running of smaller client accounts, including the delivery of the client goals
- Producing mid-to-high level client cost estimates with PM & escalating larger estimates to AD
- Attend fortnightly project reconciliation meetings & work with PM on project recs
- Monitoring progress against revenue and profitability targets and reporting monthly to the AD
Supporting the team
- Mentoring AM and AE roles within the team
- Ensuring account presence in all client meetings / calls (BD/AD/AM)
- Monitoring and advising on all the client communications on the account
- Escalating potential high-risk or damaging situations to the AD
- Leading client meetings and calls
- Acting as the point of contact for all new briefs and the early stages of projects where necessary - as agreed with the AD
- Attending all client wash-up sessions
- Writing creative briefs for mid-scale projects when delegated by the AD and low scale projects (TBD with PM)
- Having all client briefs signed off by the AD
- Attend check-ins on all client work
- Seek sign off from AD on all client work, before sending to client, if agreed at project kick-off
- Taking notes in client meetings and circulating to the appropriate people
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
Waste is an independent creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars). Our remit is player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Ubisoft, Sega, Verizon Media and most recently Zynga.
In 2020 we were named both “The Drum Content Marketing” and “Digital Industries (DADI)“ Agency of the year. Globally we employ 70+ specialists covering strategy, creative, social, content, experiential, OOH, and TV. We have physical offices in London & LA, and work with brands around the world.
Our approach to everything is shaped by The Waste Way (our company values), and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s seen us win 100+ awards, including Art Director’s Club, Awwwards, BIMA, D&AD, Clios, Design Week, The Drum, The FWA, Marketing Week Masters, and The Webby Awards. We brew our own craft beer, the Waste Pale Ale, a favourite with clients and partners. And we’ve recently started our own animation production company, This Thing of Ours. We also support the UK based gaming charity, SpecialEffect.
The Waste Way
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
- Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
- Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
- Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
- Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted