London, United Kingdom
Looking to build a career in gaming marketing?
Creative agency Waste is looking for an inquisitive and enthusiastic intern to join our Strategy department, working on gaming clients like Nintendo, Supercell, Riot and beyond!
A little bit about Waste…
Waste is a fan-first creative agency that’s part of the Keyword Studios family. We believe community is the beating heart of a thriving entertainment brand. In the past we’ve been named The Drum’s Agency of the Year, one of Campaign’s Best Places To Work, and one of the UK’s 100 Best Small Companies to work for. We’re also in the top 10 most awarded creative agencies in the UK.
The Strategy department bridges the gap between brands and fans through discovery (research) and definition (strategies). We write inspirational briefs filled with understanding, killer insights and creative direction that fuels game-changing ideas.
Working alongside a team of talented Strategists, Creatives and Account Handlers, you’ll be assisting on client projects within the gaming sphere. Throughout this internship, you’ll grow your skills in research, data analytics, insight hunting and more.
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a Strategy intern who’s got:
- A passion for gaming and an understanding of gaming communities
- Familiarity with social and gaming platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Discord, Reddit and TikTok
- Good numeracy and an interest in data
- An eagerness to learn new tools & skills and improve constantly
- A keen eye for social and cultural trends
- Ability to research, find interesting reports and summarise findings in a clear & succinct way.
- Confidence in presenting findings to an internal team
- Some experience in a creative agency (preferable, but not essential)
What you can expect from us:
During your 3 months at Waste, you’ll work with some of our biggest gaming clients and be exposed to all kinds of experiences, such as:
- Understand the journey from client brief to strategy to creative to presentation
- Mapping out competitors for new and existing games
- Finding out what kind of gamer is playing these kinds of games using social tools and audience data
- Having a say in how our clients can improve their communities by assisting with reports
- Being part of new game pitches by hosting focus groups, briefings and brainstorms
- Finding new information about the gaming industry and sharing it with the team as well as writing them up for our newsletter
- The internship will be paid at London Living Wage
How do I apply?
Please send us your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role.
Your application has been submitted