London, United Kingdom
Temporary to Full Time
As Digital Designer, you must have a deep understanding of digital channel technologies, including the latest design trends, and the limitations and possibilities of working within them.
This knowledge should be coupled with a high level of creativity and conceptual thinking to develop innovative designs that can stand out in the competitive digital space.
Additionally, you should have the ability to follow directions and maintain brand consistency to ensure that all designs are aligned with the branding guidelines. You should also be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with speed and efficiency, demonstrating excellent time-management skills.
You will collaborate with and support the wider design team.
You will report directly to the Design Director.
This role requires the mid/high level of:
Conceptual thinking / Passion / Motivation / Talent / Communication / Collaboration / Self-awareness
- Create and deliver high-quality and engaging design solutions - bespoke digital content from social media graphics, banners, motion graphics, visual presentations whilst also being able to support on non-digital projects for other areas of the business.
- Collaborate closely with the internal design team to ensure brand coherency and consistency across all creative output.
- Work with other departments to ensure that best practices and quality standards are being followed.
- Proactively committed to developing their own knowledge and skills.
Knowledge & skills:
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design/motion, preferably in the digital and gaming sectors.
- A showreel/portfolio showcasing a solid understanding of layout, typography, colour and composition.
- A passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion and imagery.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere and any industry standard UI implementation tools.
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX (Figma), 3D software, sound editing all are a plus but not mandatory.
- Experienced with end-to-end motion delivery, concepting, storyboarding and ability to styleframe.
- A user-centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling.
- Are able to easily understand a brief and take initiative to ask questions when needed.
- Are driven, motivated, and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach to complex problems.
In return, you’ll get:
- To work with one of the most innovative mobile gaming clients in the world
- Competitive salary
- The option to work between home and the office both now and long term.
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- The opportunity to grow and take on line management
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Access to training and development at the directors and line managers discretion
- Waste shuts during the Christmas period ranging between 1 and 2 weeks with that time not being taken out of your regular holiday entitlement
- Early-finish/late start Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you'll want to post about
- Regular team outings and social events
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance effective from July 2023
- A shiny new office, with a gaming area, plus regular events and free breakfast on Tuesday
The Waste Way:
- Highly proactive in finding opportunities for client account growth
- Ability to proactively identify future challenges and risks on your accounts and plan for them
- Taking ownership of your accounts, setting the goals & plan in line with Waste’s business objectives & roadmap
- Being kind, supportive and constructive to your team, helping them coach and develop along their career paths
- Strong team player who’s able to bring teams together, motivating and exciting them to work on the client account
- Leading discussions internally & contributing your views
At Waste, we live by 4 key cultural pillars and expect ALL Waster’s to live up to these principles. This is what Waste was founded on:
Be Brave – We look for fresh ways to solve problems and encourage diversity of thought.
Own Your Shit - We value actions over words and empower Wasters to make things happen.
Make it Better – We’re always looking for ways to improve our work, agency and ourselves.
Be Kind – We’re a team. Win together, lose together, learn together.
How Wasters embrace Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Us Wasters are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us diversity and inclusion are not just a tick-boxing activity, but a chance for us to make long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce means that we’re able to unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been submitted